New dairy free finds in Morrisions free from range

img_1813
When I heard that Morrisons had upped their game with regards to their free from products I have to admit to being a tad sceptical. I had never found their free from section inspiring and it seemed to have very little dairy free or should I say milk free options. Like most free from sections it was aimed mainly at the gluten free market. As I was passing a store and needed a few groceries I decided to pop in and investigate to see if indeed their expanded free from section could impress me. Well, I have to admit to be taken by surprise. There was indeed a larger free from section not only filled with well-known free from brands but new Morrisons products. Not only that a lot were also milk free in the sweet treats section as I like to call it. I had to take a double take as I really didn’t expect it. After letting out a little yelp and doing a mini gig on the spot it was time to investigate this section of the supermarket in more detail. I’ve included a snap shot of some of my finds. I have focussed mainly on sweet treats as this is what I personally find more difficult to buy. They are all gluten free, wheat free and milk free.
Jam Tarts
Coffee Cake Slices
img_1800
img_1802
Fruit & Nut Bars
img_1803
img_1804
Oh and yes I may have taken a few treats home with me for my mum and I to try. On packaging my treats the lady at the till explained very proudly that Morrisons now had a larger free from section than Sainsbury’s. So I’m giving a big thumbs up to Morrisons for providing a more extensive free from range that is milk free and suitable for dairy free me. I’m sure it won’t be long before I return to try some more treats.

1. March 9, 2017 / 7:06 pm

That’s definitely good to know!

• March 9, 2017 / 7:22 pm

Glad it’s helpful have a lovely evening.

• March 9, 2017 / 7:46 pm

You too!

2. tryingtobeglutendairyfree
    March 10, 2017 / 10:17 am

It’s always good to see stores trying to be better.

• March 10, 2017 / 11:09 am

Hi, it sure is and great to be able to grab a naughty sweet treat easily, Chloe.

3. March 10, 2017 / 1:51 pm

Oh my goodness…they all look so good! There isn’t a Morrisons near me though, arghh! Thank for the info!

• March 10, 2017 / 2:32 pm

Hi they sure do. Shame there’s not one local to you. You will have to stock up when you ever pass a store in the future.

• March 11, 2017 / 6:55 pm

So do I with a nice cup of tea 😀. Thanks for stopping by, Chloe.

4. diynige
    March 11, 2017 / 10:14 pm

Some great. Choices there Thanks for linking to the #THAT FRIDAY LINKY come back next week please

• March 12, 2017 / 8:26 am

Hi, I know it’s great to be spoilt for choice. Thanks for stopping by, Chloe.

5. March 13, 2017 / 6:19 pm

I love jam tarts so will definitely look into this had no idea they had these, helpful post!

With Love Yossy x

• March 13, 2017 / 7:50 pm

No problem glad you found it helpful. Jam tarts seem to be very popular.

6. March 13, 2017 / 6:43 pm

Ugh jam tarts I want them! Your posts always make me so HUNGRY.

• March 13, 2017 / 7:50 pm

Sorry, but now you’ve mentioned it I fancy a jam tart as well 😊.

7. March 13, 2017 / 10:52 pm

I had to eat free-from food for a while, as advised by my doctor. I remember the excitement each time I saw a new product. There is a great range here with some things I haven’t seen in free from ranges before – I particularly like the look of the pecan tarts! #ThatFridayLinky

• March 14, 2017 / 6:36 am

Hi, I’m glad not the only one who excited about new free from products. It’s just nice to have more sweet treats to try. Those pecan tarts are on my wish list to try, Chloe.

8. March 21, 2017 / 8:33 am

The story of my life too! Looks like lots of yummy goodies we can eat. But I worry about all of the weird crap they put in them. Jam tarts are so easy to make at home without all of the yucky additions. Off to see if I can find a recipe.
    Have you seen the new ‘cheeses’ in sainsbury free from? Wensleydale with cranberry! Although overall I prefer Tesco as most of their ‘normal’ stuff is ok.
    #dreamteam #dairyintollerant

• March 21, 2017 / 6:54 pm

Hi, I totally agree I only have as a treat but great to have the option. I’ve not tried the Gary range yet. I personally didn’t like the Tesco’s cheese that I tried.

• March 21, 2017 / 8:46 pm

Nah the Tesco cheese is naff. Tastes like window putty! Don’t ask how I know this!

• March 21, 2017 / 9:13 pm

That’s how I would describe the cheese I tried as well, perfect description 😊

9. Lucy At Home
    March 21, 2017 / 2:42 pm

Oh it must be really difficult when you have to avoid certain foods. I converted to Morrisons for our weekly shop about 6 months ago, and I do really like their food (and prices!). I’m glad to hear that they also stock a good range of free-from products too #dreamteam

• March 21, 2017 / 6:55 pm

Hi, it is great to have a good selection for a naughty treat. I don’t shop thee regularly as there isn’t one local to me sadly.

10. March 21, 2017 / 8:53 pm

Peacan Tarts and Coffee Cake Slices?! I need to get myself over to Morrisons!! Thanks so much for posting the ingredients too, as I’m gluten free. This looks like a great range, doesn’t it? Thanks so much for linking this up to #DreamTeam! 🙂

• March 21, 2017 / 9:12 pm

Hi, I hope you get to try both. All seemed to be gluten free that I found not all milk free though. Indeed it is a great range, enjoy.

11. March 22, 2017 / 6:50 am

It’s great they have done this as so many stores provide a good free from range. Hope they didn’t disappoint and you had a good treat! Thanks for sharing with #bestandworst x

• March 22, 2017 / 5:56 pm

Hi, I only got a few treats and they are waiting to be tried. It’s just great to have them as a naughty treat.

12. Le Coin de Mel
    March 25, 2017 / 8:24 pm

I love building a bank of ‘new finds’ too! The flapjacks are perfect for my little girl. Must look for them! Thanks for sharing the labels, that’s really helpful! Thanks for joining in with #FreeFromFridays.

• March 25, 2017 / 8:30 pm

I hope you find the flapjack they are on my list to try as well, Chloe.

13. March 28, 2017 / 7:11 am

Interesting – it sure looks like they are upping their game. I can never understand why companies use so many nuts in free-from products though. Same with egg. If you’re going to substitute wheat and dairy, you may as well leave out egg too, right? Out of all the products listed here, only one is suitable for my multiallergy family. I’ll still go check out the new range though! #twinklytuesday

• March 28, 2017 / 7:13 pm

Hi, I hope you can find some other treats to try. I totally agree with you it’s very much aimed at the gluten free individual. It is improving so let’s hope it continues to encompass more allergies.

14. April 1, 2017 / 1:08 pm

Great to see they have improved their rangeThanks for linking up with #TwinklyTuesday

• April 2, 2017 / 5:08 pm

Hi, it sure is hopefully it will continue to expand.