National Iced Tea Day

image
Now I have to confess that for a long time I had always thought that tea should only be enjoyed as a hot beverage. I had tried the occasional iced tea whilst on holiday in America. Sadly, it was not an enjoyable experience cold black tea with lots of ice and added sugar.

Since blogging about my love of tea I have been lucky enough to try a variety of fruit, herbal and green teas. By default I have drunk some of these cold and found them to be pleasant and refreshing. So I thought that I should experiment and try more of my teas chilled. My favourite teas so far that I have enjoyed chilled are Clipper raspberry leaf, Twining’s camomile, co-op double mint, Pukka elderberry & echinacea, and Sainsbury’s blackcurrant.

I have even set up a Pinterest board dedicated to this so that I can be more adventurous. If you have any iced tea ideas that I can try please let me know. I hope that you enjoy National Iced Tea Day.

1. June 10, 2016 / 4:02 pm

Which one is in the picture. It looks really good!

• June 10, 2016 / 6:04 pm

Hi, it was the Clipper raspberry leaf infusion.

2. June 10, 2016 / 4:08 pm

You might like cold brewed tea. Cold brewing brings out different flavours compared to the usual brewing methods. It’s nice to have at hand on hot days. Though I forget about doing it myself.

• June 10, 2016 / 6:07 pm

Thank you. I shall give this a try. Are they any teas that you recommend for this ? Thanks.

• June 10, 2016 / 9:22 pm

I’ve found fruit infusions work rather well. Rooibos also get a lighter flavour when brewed this way. You can also use ground coffee, which tastes unusual, but not as pleasant as the tea.

• June 10, 2016 / 9:24 pm

I shall give rooibos a try thank you. I will not be trying the coffee in afraid as I’m not keen on this and I therefore don’t drink it, Chloe.

• June 10, 2016 / 9:27 pm

No problem, I hope you find something you’ll enjoy.

3. June 10, 2016 / 4:19 pm

Ooh I bought coop double mint yesterday, definitely giving this a go!

• June 10, 2016 / 6:25 pm

I love this tea, it’s a great value mint tea. I hope you like it.

4. June 10, 2016 / 5:20 pm

Iced mango black tea mixed with lemonade is really good when you need a caffeine fix. It’s also really refreshing too, it’s one of two things that I’ll get at Starbucks.

• June 10, 2016 / 6:26 pm

Oh that sounds perfect if I need a sweet fix, thank you.

5. June 10, 2016 / 7:08 pm

Some of these sound really nice, especially the raspberry one! Definetly going to try some of them this summer! 🙂

• June 10, 2016 / 7:10 pm

I hope you like them the raspberry one seems to be popular. I had it both as a hot and iced tea today.

6. June 11, 2016 / 3:09 am

Hello! Please try English Tea Shop (if you haven’t) it was my first time to try their Apple Rosehip Raspberry Ripple tea and it’s glorious! I loved it both hot and iced 🙂 xx

• June 11, 2016 / 7:35 am

Hi, I have only tried their lemongrass, ginger and citrus tea and I wasn’t that keen on it I’m afraid. The apple rosehip, raspberry ripple tea does sound delightful both hot and cold so I shall try these. Thank you, Chloe

7. June 23, 2016 / 1:09 pm

For my iced tea I usually take the sun tea approach and then put it in the fridge. I always drink tea unsweetened so this is a great way to get a nice cooked flavor but then chill it down. I think the taste is like no other iced teas. I also limit how much ice, if any, I put in the glass. If you want to try sun tea you are best to use a glass container as plastics can add unwanted bacteria while you cook it in the sun. I like to use a clear glass beer growler and put it out when I leave for work. It really only needs a couple of hours in the sun but I leave it out for the full work day so it gets nice and strong!

• June 23, 2016 / 8:46 pm

Oh I shall have to try this method, thank you for the kind advice. I just need to wait for the rain to disappear, Chloe.