Oh no, no tea

image
After an 8 hour journey down to the lovely St Ives all I could think about was catching up with friends and having a nice cup of tea. Our friends helped us unpack the car which was then parked in the designated space. I had safely packed a small collection of teabags just for me as an emergency if needed. The kettle was dutifully put on for me with a mug so that I could relax and enjoy a nice cuppa before going out. Disaster struck, my secret pack up of tea was nowhere to be found. I frantically emptied all of the bags which were rechecked but nothing. So instead I had a mug of hot water before heading out.

Once in town the plan was to have a few drinks before going out for a meal. My friends waited whilst I made a mad dash into the local co-op to get some tea. We were only in St Ives for a few days but this girl has to have her tea. I found the section straight away, luckily there was a good selection. I grabbed 2 boxes of Twinings one earl grey for me, english breakfast for everyone else and a pack of co-op’s own double mint fair trade tea to share.

We then went on to enjoy a few drinks in the local pubs before heading out for our meal. During this time I had my co-op carrier bag full of tea with me. After a lovely night out we arrived back at the house where I immediately put the kettle on. I emptied the carrier bag then enjoyed a nice cup of tea with my friends before retiring to bed.

1. January 8, 2016 / 8:19 pm

I love that you just HAD to get a tea stash before anything else :c)

• June 26, 2016 / 7:19 pm

I have to get my priorities right 😊.

2. January 8, 2016 / 8:53 pm

Not sure how well you know St. Ives, but the off-license on Fore Street (the harbour end, near to where Fore St. meets The Digey) sells tea from the Tregothnan estate.

Very, very nice indeed, but a bit pricey – if I remember right I paid about £20 for their Classic Collection, which contains 60 tea-bags. Thankfully I had plenty of birthday money to splash out with…

Their web site is over at https://tregothnan.co.uk/

• January 8, 2016 / 9:04 pm

Thank you. I am not due to go back for a while but next time I go I will try and get some.

3. January 9, 2016 / 3:04 am

Ahhhh. I’m glad your story had a happy ending. 🙂

• January 9, 2016 / 8:53 am

Hi Rebecca, thanks for reading my story. It certainly did and I got to take the unused teabags home with me 😊.

4. January 12, 2016 / 12:27 pm

I can sympathize with the “no tea” emergency — in fact, I wrote a post that started with a funny quote from Kipling which I remembered immediately when I read this. Tea first! then on to solving other problems… http://defeatdespair.com/2013/10/22/any-tea/

• January 12, 2016 / 5:28 pm

What wonderful colours they are. I would find it difficult to leave there.

5. January 14, 2016 / 11:43 am

Twinnings is one of my favourite tea brands, unfortunately they are not that easy to get where I live…

• January 14, 2016 / 7:30 pm

Oh no that’s a shame.

6. January 15, 2016 / 9:42 am

lol. tea addict for sure 🙂 i too always bring a tea supply of my own whenever i travel. just incase, you know. not that hotels don’t provide them, but i can’t rely on hotels’ judgement on what makes their teas good teas. besides, we all have preferences. so it’s always better to be save than sorry.

• January 15, 2016 / 7:33 pm

Indeed it’s always good to be prepared and bring your own. I always try to do this.

7. April 20, 2016 / 6:09 pm

Can’t do without tea either! When I drink herbal, I like to add extras like a few bits of yarrow (for health) and chickweed (for allergies – since they’re bad at the moment).

• April 20, 2016 / 8:32 pm

Oh I will have to investigate adding extras like yarrow and chickweed they sound very interesting. Thanks for the tip, Chloe.

8. June 26, 2016 / 7:22 pm

My friends just found the funny side to it. I guess they must be used to my tea addiction.